When Zoe + Justin said they wanted a Palm Springs engagement session we knew exactly where we would take these lovebirds! From mid-century modern architecture to fun pops of color, this Palm Springs tour was every lifestyle blogger’s dream. These two embodied Palm Springs and we can’t wait for their upcoming wedding to celebrate some more!
How to prepare for your Palm Springs Engagement Session
- Plan your engagement session during golden hour. Meaning immediately after sunrise or before sunset. This will ensure you experience the very best lighting, producing soft and evenly lit images.
- Want a Palm Springs Door Tour and windmill shots? Plan for at least a 2 hour session that will allow you to travel between locations.
How to Dress for your Engagement Session
- Palm Springs is famous for its mid-century modern architecture, palm trees, and colorful backdrops. This artistic escape begs for modern + bold fashion choices. Zoe opted for bold colors with modern prints. Her orange silk slip dress paired with hot pink heels were both fun + flirty while her 90’s handkerchief top and wide legged light wash jeans were casual yet trendy. Zoe + Justin’s fun loving personalities showed through in their wardrobe.
- Don’t be afraid to explore with color, I mean…it’s Palm Springs anyways!
Any other advice?
- Want a smooth experience? Hire a local Palm Springs native that knows all the instagram ready spots!
- Be prepared to walk and be on the move. Photographers are light ninjas and we have a small window to work with. Trust us, there’s a method to our madness!
- Plan your session ahead of time to ensure availability. October-March are the busiest times of year for local photographers in the valley. Plan your session ahead of time and beat the rush.
- Have fun! You came to Palm Springs to relax and enjoy yourself. Let’s do exactly that!